Child Hope Services and Foster VC Kids invite community members to an inspirational and informative Foster Care Summit, August 11th.
The Foster Care Summit is free and community members are invited to learn about opportunities to support children and youth in care — either by becoming a resource, foster or adoptive family, or by supporting those who do. For information and to register for the Foster Care Summit visit www.fostercaresummit.org.
Open to all community members interested in helping local foster children and youth.
Foster Care Summit
When: Saturday August 11, 8:00am – 1:00pm
Where: Calvary Chapel, 1925 Eastman Avenue in Oxnard
Hosted by: Child Hope Services and Foster VC Kids, a program of Ventura County’s Children and Family Services
Information and to register: www.fostercaresummit.org
Currently, Ventura County has approximately 1,000 children and youth in need of support, guidance and hope to help them thrive while separated from their families of origin. Crystal Stratton, Resource Family & Community Development Coordinator for Foster VC Kids says, “If you are inspired by the thought of helping local children and youth feel safe, cared for and supported, this Foster Care Summit is for you. You’ll hear from families and foster care professionals about the many ways you can get involved and make a lasting difference in the lives of our county’s youth and families.”
Based on their own personal experiences with the foster care and adoption process, Heather and Daniel Fowler founded Child Hope Services in 2014 to support other families who are bringing children into their lives. Daniel says, “People are humanitarians at heart. There is a role, and opportunity, for everyone in the community to have a positive impact on the life of a child or young adult. You can be a world-changer.”
The Foster Care Summit will include presentations from:
- Special guest Jason Johnson, a foster and adoptive father, writer and renowned speaker on orphan-related issues. He is the Director of The National Church Ministry Initiative with Christian Alliance for Orphans and author of All in Orphan Care.
- Special guest Chelsea Cameron, wife to actor and speaker Kirk Cameron and mom to six. Chelsea speaks regularly on parenting, motherhood, and family. As an adopted daughter herself, she knew she would choose adoption as her first choice for motherhood. She will be sharing on the topic of loving well, building bonds and connections with children not biologically yours.
- Foster VC Kids about the training and support available to those interested in becoming a resource family who nurtures the safety, permanency, and well-being of Ventura County’s youth and families.
- Child Hope Services regarding the organization’s mission to support and cover foster families and foster youths with the practical resources needed in the critical first moments of foster care placement, along with supporting their long-term practical and relational needs.
- A biological mother, foster mother and the youth they are caring for together — to share their inspirational reunification story.
Community members are invited to attend the Foster Care Summit, designed to encourage and equip individuals who have a heart for foster care and adoption. For information and to register for the Foster Care Summit visit www.fostercaresummit.org